Australian Real Estate and Property

Tenants and Renting Your Property

Laws relating to residential tenancies vary between states and territories, so you should also do some research with the authority in your state or territory.

The following state government departments could be a good place for you to do some more research on leasing out your property to a tenant.

·         Australian Capital Territory
·         New South Wales·      
·       Northern Territory
·       Queensland 
·       South Australia  
·       Tasmania      
·       Victoria     
·       Western Australia 

Laws relating to residential tenancies vary between states and territories and your property manager or local real estate agent will be able to direct you to the relevant legislation.
Some of the relevant legislation is listed below:
·         Australian Capital TerritoryResidential Tenancies Act 1997 (ACT)
·       New South WalesResidential Tenancies Act 1987  
·       Northern Territory – Residential Tenancies Act (NT) ·       
·       Queensland – Residential Tenancies Act 1994 (QLD)
·       South Australia – Residential Tenancies Act 1995 (SA)
·       Tasmania – Residential Tenancies Act 1997
·       Victoria – Residential Tenancies Act 1997
·       Western Australia – Residential Tenancies Act 1987 (WA)

For more information about Australian Real Estate go to the search engine function on the right hand side of each page or go to our Site Map on the top right of each page.

 Subscribe to our FREE newsletter or RSS feed. Receive updates in My Yahoo!, Google, and others. .

Australian Real Estate and Property